Monday, June 06, 2005

THE COUNTRYSIDE

On Sunday I went Celestine, my hostess to the countryside. She was a god father to two girls from the villages around Bissau and as we took them home, I had a chance to see how people there live. This actually meant “Africa” for me, at least as I knew it from TV; people with big stomachs, living in harmony with pigs, dogs, chickens…., houses without the doors and windows, “special” kind of houses for cows and so on.

I had a felling like “vaw, I’m really here”. When I get my photo here, I’m goanna attach some photos…. They live in some kind of communities; relatives together build houses in a shape of a square. They share the same “garden”. When we got there, they brought a table outside, put a nice napkin, roast chicken, a cake (very similar to Peruvian one; only biscuit and cream on top of it) and 3 bottles of Fanta (0,33cl) on the table and the party began. People started coming from all over the place. I heard some sounds of African music, and admired every single thing around me. After 15 minutes we left. I can’t say if I liked it or not, of course things were new for me and were interesting just because of this, but as I observed people, they were very calm, unenthusiastic, living for a day. If I compare them with people from Latin America, I found them (Latin Americans) more “alive”, if you know what I mean.

1 Comments:

At 11:35 AM, Blogger irena said...

A mraz al kaj? Vam malo vrocine posljem? :)Koko Bostjan, ze mas novo sluzbo? Jasna, a pojdes se ki v Gradc?
LP Irena

 

Post a Comment

<< Home